Monday, March 12, 2012

Grids - Jane Davies Compostion Class


 

I had lots of fun lesson working on GRIDS... since I kind of lean toward grids.. squares, rectangles, building, windows, etc.  Guess the structure of my personality is shinning through.

Here are some of the results of the exercise:

  One lesson was to paint the paper first then add grids to the this.  Here I am kind of letting go a bit.
.

 
 


 
 Really breaking out...... kind of.

 Back to structured grid.
 


 
 

 


 


 


 I like the black and white one.. and the colors of the last one.. but in general I see no masterpieces which of course was not the purpose of the lesson... I do see how I restrict myself and have a hard time creating out of the box...However I did play and enjoyed the process which was the purpose of the lesson...   Perhaps to loosen up a bit.  So there ya go.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi BJ
    I love seeing your process as displayed in the pairs of photos. It's fascinating how the layering creates such tensions both from the colors and the way the shapes pull away from true verticals and horizontals.

    I am inspired by what you are doing!!!

    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete