Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cruciform Shape - Jane Davies Class - fabric and glass

Been spending a lot of time working (actually playing)  on lessons 3 in Jane Davies composition class focusing on cruciform composition which I truly love... however executions is another mater.  I have attempted many pieces but this is my favorite so for..  I will keep working on this and hopefully gain more insight and be able to execute additional pieces to my liking.

Since starting this post I received encouraging feedback from Jane on work posted for the class and have been inspired to try this form out in other medias..   I have additional assignments for the Machine Stitching class recently take with Gail Harkers at CSC ... so I think I will see what I can do with the cruciform shape in fabric.  And I think I will try this shape working with glass.  Will need to prepare lots of test pieces, kind of like painted paper, and see what I can do to create a glass piece.

Hopefully by putting this in writing I will keep my resolve to do these experiments.  Will see!

4 comments:

  1. Sooo beautiful BJ, I don't know why but mine are not looking right...gotta keep working on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really turned well, BJ. My eye just loves cruising through the textures, colors and values. Keep on going and explore more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, this one was definitely my favourite as well. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see it in some other media. What an exciting idea. Don't forget to post them as well!!

    ReplyDelete