Tuesday, January 10, 2012



(can't figure out how to get the underling turned off on the above text so I deleted and started over... or to how to get the font to stay in Arial as a default... also had text disappear.. isn't this fun?) 


The above color wheel was made for Jane Davies class ... I am finding out the hardest part is creating secondary and tertiary colors which need a lot of medium added to get the primary color to light and show up well.

So I decided to try graduating the color block by block creating a sort of a grid pattern which was also an assignment in the class.   Kind of like the patterns it made.  Then Jill French, one of the class members, submitted a piece in which she cut the color of the wheel in 1" squares and played around with that.  She said "After this exercise, I have a new found awe and appreciation for Josef Albers, Ellsworth Kelly, Frank Stella, and Mondrian - who generally worked with limited colors and constrained, geometric layouts. It's harder than it looks!!

 

Think I will cut up my grids and play around with this idea

2 comments:

  1. looking good, BJ!!! isn't it fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your art and your blog - you're bound to enjoy yourself and learn a lot, I know I have.

    ReplyDelete