Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jane Davies Color Class - Lesson 2

More postings from my Color class with Jane Davis

 

Lesson 2 - Color wheel - BJ





Where do my fellow classmates find those amazing magazines   used for this assignment? 
I just couldn't find enough magazine sources to use for this lesson, so I used  only a little bit of magazine paper and lots painted paper and fabric stash.  The project was a great help in organizing my fabric stash which was quite a mess.     Once again I found it difficult to get gradations of the blue-violet colors which appears a bit dark. I noticed that at first I trended to bring more shades of each color than needed for a basic color wheel, so I pulled quite a few swatches but perhaps there are more to be pulled.





I used acrylic paint to stamp my painted paper.  I used only a few pieced of  torn magazine paper with most of the paper being painted, stamped with acrylic paint.
The color is not quite and light as show here and .. I just noticed that it is upside down..
Oh well.  I am still learning.



Looks like my red has shown up with more pinks than it truly is.  Also had a bit of a challenge pasting the thinner pieces down.


I can see I need to increase my paper stash if I want to create collages.


 Great exercise!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi BJ, I used lots of catalogs, the magazine part of the New York Times Sunday paper and a design magazine that came, free, to our house! Although it is free art material, the downside is that I get rid of bags and bags of junk mail a week. These are beautiful - love the vibrancy of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NY Times.. what a treat. A while back I started canceling all the junk mail received and now I wish I had not done so..
    The vibrancy of work shown is a bit more vibrant that in reality. In fact quite a bit. I think I have a more to learn about reproduction of my presentations on the web. Oh Well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I always "saturate" (ie play up the vibrancy) in my photos on purpose!! Maybe its cheating, but it often looks more true to real life that way.

    ReplyDelete